Train Arrival Information and Departure times
Traveling on the Day
Before traveling please ensure you check the live travel information. This provides an overview of how each Train Operator’s trains are running across the rail network. This can be especially useful at times of last minute disruption (e.g. broken down train)
Live train information covers the following categories
- Expected departure/arrival times
- Live progress of your route whilst in transit
- All delays that may affect your service
- For platform numbers to be shown as soon as they are allocated
Most train companies offer compensation if the train that you were traveling on is delayed by more than half an hour.
If such a situation occurs while you are on your journey you should claim directly with the train company concerned.
Unfortunately compensation isn’t often paid if the disruption was notified way ahead of time, or if an emergency schedule was in operation. So compensation might not get paid for circumstances outside the rail network’s control.
Please contact The Train Line for further assistance with your claim and further information into the rail networks policies.
Are you no longer traveling on all/part of my journey or want to change the date/time of departure?
Advance Single tickets are the most low lost ticket available but are not refundable. You can make changes to the date & time of travel so long as you stick to the original route.0333 202 2222
Also Off-Peak, Anytime & Super Off-Peak tickets are available to give you more flexibility with the time that you travel. If plans to your schedule change, you can simply request a refund online via the login portal “My booking”.
Collecting tickets from a self-service ticket machine
All tickets should be ready for collection within 15 minutes of booking them. The tickets are available to collect at any time prior to travel.
For collection, the following requirements are needed:
- Debit/Credit card used to make the booking (for some bookings any card can be used – you will be notified before paying for the tickets what is required.)
- Ticket Collection Reference issued when the booking was made. Find out where you can find your collection reference
At the Machine:
- 1. Tap collect at the ticket machine.
- 2. Insert the card used to buy tickets, or if paid with PayPal use any card.
- 3. Type in the collection reference and wait for the tickets to be printed.