Expedia is an internet booking engine website that offers flights, hotels, car hire and much more. There are 30 local sites for various countries and its headquarters are located in Bellevue, Washington.
The Expedia website was launched back in 2001 by Rich Barton and Lloyd Frink. It covers a wide range of holiday services including flights, hotels, holiday packages, car hire and cruises.
Who Can Use The Expedia Phone Number?
You might find that you want help with queries such as:
- Why won’t my booking go through online?
- Can I cancel a holiday I have booked through Expedia?
- What payment methods can I use for Expedia?
- Can I change my flight details?
- Why haven’t I received a holiday confirmation?
Commonly Asked Questions
The majority of the questions asked through the Expedia Contact Number are very similar. Here are a few of them:
“Can I Change My Hotel Or Holiday Dates?
If you have decided that you want to or need to make a change to your hotel or change your travel dates for whatever reason, you can do so online.
You can also call customer services on 0844 385 1243 To cancel and remake your reservation to do so.
To do this, you need to visit the “My Itineraries” section of the Expedia website and open the Itinerary that you want to change. Then click “Cancel this reservation” and check over the refund and fee details before confirming the cancellation. Your refund may take between 7 and 10 days to arrive and, depending on your bank, it may not show up in your account until later in your billing cycle.
Once you have cancelled your existing reservation, you can then book the new dates or hotels you require.
“How Can I View My Itinerary And Print It Out?”
To view your itinerary on Expedia, there are two methods you can use.
The first is to log into your Expedia account and select My Itineraries.
The second is to sign out if you have previously signed in and click “My Itineraries”. Then enter the email that you used to make the reservation along with you itinerary number. If you don’t have an itinerary number, you can click “Forgot your Itinerary Number?”
To print your itinerary, you will need to select the “Print” button at the top.
“Can I Change My Car Rental Reservation?”
You can’t change your car rental reservation per-se, but you can cancel it and make a new booking.
Go to the “My Itineraries” page and select the itinerary with the reservation that you wish to cancel. Select “Cancel this car” and go through the verification process on the next page.
If you have any further questions, you should use the Expedia Customer Services Number where there will be someone able to help you.
What to do when your travel is disrupted by unexpected events:
For travel disruptions call 0844 385 1243
Unexpected events such as winter weather, strikes or terrorist attacks can affect flights or disrupt ground transportation. During times of disruption, Expedia advises the following:
- Check weather reports for both your arrival and departure locations.
- Check your flight status by going to your airline’s website and finding out if your flight has been delayed/cancelled. If it has been cancelled, don’t travel to the airport until your new travel plans are in place.
- Check your airport- if your flight is not delayed or cancelled and you believe that there could still be disruptions, check the airport’s website for delays and travel advice. During disruptive times, Expedia recommends allowing plenty of time to travel through the airport.
- Check your travel insurance policy- Your insurer may be able to cover some of the costs from cancelling or re-booking a holiday due to unforeseen events.
If you need to change a flight only booking, you will generally need to contact the flight operator rather than Expedia.
Before calling Expedia about your flight, check the flight operator’s policy coverage and rebooking requirements.
If you have to change flight and hotel bookings, contact Expedia customer services.
More About Expedia
Expedia was created by Rich Barton and Lloyd Frink in 2001. It allows visitors to browse a huge selection of holiday packages, flights, hotels, car hire, cruises and a number of worldwide attractions. Originally, it was founded as part of Microsoft in 1996. Today, Expedia is part of the same group as Trip Advisor and Hotels.com. In 2012, the company bought a majority stake in holiday comparison website Trivago.
As of June 2014, the site has started to accept bitcoins as a form of payment.